The Minority Report
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Minority Report

This is a forum designed to cover all aspects of alternative research from religion to the paranormal to other aspects of global conspiracy.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to avoid Brands with GMO and PDF Shopping Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage

How to avoid Brands with GMO and PDF Shopping Guide Empty
PostSubject: How to avoid Brands with GMO and PDF Shopping Guide   How to avoid Brands with GMO and PDF Shopping Guide Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 3:20 pm

HOW TO AVOID BRANDS MADE
WITH GENETICALLY MODIFIED ORGANISMS (GMOs)

USDA Organic Seal

Tip #1: Buy Organic
Certified organic products cannot be produced using GMO ingredients. So if you can, buy only products labeled "100% organic", "organic," or "made with organic ingredients." Read more about organic standards...

Tip #2:
Made with Non-GMO Ingredients logo icon
Look for "non-GMO" labels
Companies may voluntarily label products as "non-GMO." Some labels state "non-GMO" while others spell out "Made Without Genetically Modified Ingredients." Products that carry the Non-GMO Project Seal have third party verification as being in compliance with Non-GMO Project standards for GMO avoidance. Some products limit their claim to only one particular “At-Risk” ingredient such as soy lecithin, listing it as “non-GMO.” Look for dairy products labeled "No rBGH or rBST,” or “artificial hormone-free.”

Kellogg's Frosted Flakes, Sara Lee, and More Processed Food Products may contain GMOs
Tip #3: Avoid at-risk ingredients
If it's not labeled organic, avoid products made with the "Big Four" GM crops: Corn, Soybeans, Canola, and Cottonseed, used in processed foods. Also, more than 50% of Hawaiian papaya is GM and a small amount of zucchini and yellow squash. Also, become familiar with our list of invisible GM ingredients and avoid sugar from GM Sugar Beets.

Avoid the 4 At-Risk Ingredients: Corn, Soybeans, Canola and Cotton
Corn
• Corn flour, meal, oil, starch, gluten, and syrups
• Sweeteners such as fructose, dextrose, and glucose
• Modified food starch*

Soy
• Soy flour, lecithin, protein, isolate, and isoflavone
• Vegetable oil* and vegetable protein*

Canola Canola oil (also called rapeseed oil)

Cotton Cottonseed oil
Sugar Avoid anything not listed as 100% cane sugar. GM beet sugar recently entered the food supply. To avoid it, look for organic and non-GMO sweeteners, candy and chocolate made with 100% cane sugar, evaporated cane juice or organic sugar.

Aspartame The artificial sweetener also known as NutraSweet and Equal, which is derived from GM microorganisms.

Non-GMO Shopping Guide
CLICK HERE TO
DOWNLOAD
THE GUIDE.

Tip #4: Download the shopping guide
Use it when you write out your shopping list. Keep it with you whenever you shop and buy products listed in the Guide. Store it inside your reusable shopping bag, put in your coupon holder or checkbook, or leave it in your car.

Shopping Guide in PDF Format:

http://www.nongmoshoppingguide.com/documentFiles/209.pdf

*May be derived from other sources.
http://www.nongmoshoppingguide.com/SG/TipsforAvoidingGMOs/index.cfm

Back to top Go down
Minority of One
Admin
Minority of One

How to avoid Brands with GMO and PDF Shopping Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to avoid Brands with GMO and PDF Shopping Guide   How to avoid Brands with GMO and PDF Shopping Guide Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 3:54 pm

This is a great addition!

I bought some "no sugar added" Nestle Quik the other day and did not notice any aspartame in it. As I got home and opened the package, I saw that it looked different than usual. Looking at the ingredients again, I noticed there was something in it that said something about "alternative sweetner" in quotes. I wish I could remember the name but can't right off hand but once I looked it up online, it was the same as aspartame just with a new name.

My new policy is ANYTHING that is no sugar or "fat free" or "lite", I'm gonna avoid it or at least look for these "alternative sweeteners" on the back.
Back to top Go down
https://theminorityreport.forummotion.com

How to avoid Brands with GMO and PDF Shopping Guide
Page 1 of 1