The Minority Report

This is a forum designed to cover all aspects of alternative research from religion to the paranormal to other aspects of global conspiracy.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

VISUAL CANCER

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: VISUAL CANCER   Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:50 pm

Here is a link with more information on the "NATIONAL GROSS DOCUMENTARY"

National Gross Documentary

I was watching a really interesting documentary on Bhutan and their policy of "National Happiness". They are striving to create a society where personal satisfaction is paramount. They are highly spiritual and protective of the environment, before they even drill into the Earth, they have their high priests pray to the spirits of nature to forgive them and to maintain natural balance.

The Bhutanese people saw cable for the first time less than 10 years ago. They are just being exposed to outside cultures for the first time. The importance of our representation via Hip-Hop really struck home for me when I saw a clip from this film....in which a little Bhutanese was glued in front of the family's new television set and guess what she was soaking in? 50 CENT .They said in less than 10 years that perceptions of beauty have changed in their centuries old culture. Whereas hard working women with traditional features were viewed as desirable in the past, the glamorous pop culture party girl is now being coveted.

This is what they were being exposed too...

scratch
Back to top Go down

VISUAL CANCER
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1